Newark, New Jersey
Newark is one of the most populated cities in New Jersey. The city attracts quite a large number of tourists because of its magnificent collection of art and sculptures displayed at the city museums. The city has numerous parks and lakes for kids to play around. The Newark Liberty International Airport has raised the tourism bar of the city.
Places to visit-
- Staten Island Ferry- The New York City Department of Transportation operates this 25 minutes ferry for passengers from Manhattan to Staten Island.
- Branch Brook Park- It is a beautiful park to spend some quality time with family. The tourists can enjoy the pure essence of nature in this park under the dense population of the cherry trees.
- Turtle Back Zoo- This zoo harbours over 1400 animals and birds from almost every continent.
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park- The Park is all about the life of Thomas Edison.
- Newark Museum- It displays all forms of American art and decor of the ancient as well as the contemporary world.
- Tear Drop Memorial- This is a memorial to the victims of the 9/11 attack. This monument was an official gift by the Russian Government to the United States.
- Eagle Rock Reservation
- Richard W. DeKorte Park
Places to stay-
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Newark- It is 3 star hotel with beautiful and soothing ambience for a peaceful stay.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Newark International Airport- A modern hotel with all facilities including a sports bar and a free shuttle to the airport.
- Best Western plus Robert Treat Hotel- They have a fitness center and a free airport shuttle and they also offer free breakfast at their Mediterranean restaurant.
- Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown- It has contemporary rooms and loft suites where guests can enjoy their stay.